Startups need support and mentorship that can groom them into the visionary businesses they plan to become. For early age startups, incubators and accelerators provide massive support and foundation to grow their businesses in terms of resources, courses, training workshops, mentoring, funding and investing opportunity, networking, marketing, etc.
NIC Islamabad’s Vision:
‘Dream, Build, Rise’
Inspired by our forefathers and national heroes.
The objective of establishing the National Incubation Centers across Pakistan is to build an active and well-connected community of change-makers, impact creators, and disruptors.
Allama Muhammad Iqbal dreamt of a separate homeland, Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah built on that dream and turned it into a reality; Pakistan! And then the baton was handed over to the people of Pakistan to collectively rise as a prosperous nation.
The Mission of NIC Islamabad is
‘To build and influence an ecosystem by empowering individuals and institutions to generate a positive economic and social impact.’
Incubation Process at NIC Islamabad:
- Cohort Induction Announcement – Aspiring entrepreneurs apply from around Pakistan.
- Cohort Interviews – The shortlisted startups are called in for a panel interview.
- Result Announcement – Based on the panel’s evaluation, the selected startups are announced.
- Incubation of the Cohort – The selected startups are given 1 year free rent space to start and scale up.
- Graduation Assessment – The startups are assessed on pre determined KPIs.
- Cohort Graduation – Startups after 1 year are graduated and become part of NIC Alumni Network.