Women entrepreneurs in Pakistan face additional barriers to starting and growing their businesses. These include lack of asset ownership, lower levels of access to finance, inaccessibility to business networks, as well as socio-cultural challenges. As part of its mandate to promote women’s economic participation as well as generate employment for women and youth in Pakistan, Karandaaz Pakistan has launched its Women Entrepreneurship Challenge programme.
The programme, with funding from the Department for International Development UK (DFID), seeks to enable growth of women-led businesses by providing business development services and financial support to female entrepreneurs across the country. The Karandaaz Women Entrepreneurship Challenge is run every year and winners are selected through a competitive process.
Karandaaz Women Entrepreneurship Challenge 2018 is now accepting applications from women-led businesses that have been operational for 3 years, or more and are looking to scale up their business. Selected businesses will receive customised business development support and will be eligible for investment of up to PKR 20 million. In exceptional cases, Karandaaz may choose to invest a higher amount. Investment decisions will be made by a panel of judges appointed by Karandaaz.
Who Can Apply?
- The business should be owned & managed by a woman
- The female entrepreneur should be a Pakistani citizen
- The business should have been in operation for at least 3 years
- The program is open to all sectors, and applicants may apply from anywhere in Pakistan
- Having a National Tax Number (NTN) is necessary for consideration
Terms & Conditions
If selected, applicants must commit to:
- Participating in all components of the programme, including a business assessment, mentorship training and investment pitching.
- Being open to negotiating an investment deal with Karandaaz. The business will have the right to accept or reject the investment offer made by Karandaaz.
- Participating in events, documentation and monitoring and evaluation activities as required by Karandaaz.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee selection for training/mentorship program or investment.
- The applicant will be selected for the program at the sole discretion of Karandaaz and its partners. Karandaaz retains the right to accept or reject any application without providing a reason.
- Invitation to pitch for investment will be made at the sole discretion of Karandaaz. Decisions of Karandaaz judges will be considered final and will not be open to contestation.
For Registration: Click Here
Disclaimer: The WEC is a property of Karandaaz Pakistan and it is only shared by Startupdotpk.